Last week I made this no-churn matcha chocolate chip ice cream that came out just perfect. Super creamy and delicious–that is if you’re a matcha-lover like me. The key ingredients that make this ice cream extra special are coconut cream and avocado. If you can’t find coconut cream, coconut milk works as well. Just be sure to leave it in the fridge overnight, do not shake it, and only use the solid cream on top. You can save the coconut water at the bottom of the can in a jar to later use in smoothies or chia puddings.
- 1 14-ounce can, coconut cream
- 4 teaspoons matcha or Further Food Mindful Matcha Powder
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips
- Add all ingredients except for chocolate chips to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth
- Pour into a 6″x 6″ freezer-safe pan, add the raw cacao nibs or chocolate chips, cover, and freeze overnight until it’s fully frozen
- When ready to serve, let the ice cream thaw for 20-30 minutes, scoop into a bowl or waffle cone, and enjoy!