- sea salt
- 1/4 pound leeks, white part only, finely chopped
- 1/4 pound baby spinach
- 4 spears of green asparagus
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 piece of kombu seaweed, approx. 0.7 ounce
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- 1/2/ cup fresh or frozen baby peas
- 1 granny smith apple, skin on, cored and chopped into small cubes
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil and add a generous pinch of sea salt. Blanch the chopped leeks for 7 minutes and refresh in ice-cold water. Then blanch the spinach and asparagus for 1 minute each and refresh in ice-cold water.
- Heat the stock with the kombu seaweed. Once it is simmering, take a few tablespoons of stock out and add it to a bowl with the matcha tea, little by little, while stirring. First you’ll have a thick paste, then add more stock until you have a runny mixture.
- Add the peas to the pan of stock and heat for another 2 minutes, then add the leeks, spinach, asparagus, chopped apple, and the blended matcha tea. Discard the kombu. Remove the pan from the heat, stir, and serve.