A quick + easy recipe made with coconut butter, hemp seeds, raw honey, and matcha! These energy bites make for the perfect afternoon pick-me up or on-the-go snack.
- 1. 3/4 cup raw coconut butter
- 2. 2 Tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 3. 2 Tablespoons raw honey
- 4. 1 teaspoon matcha powder*
- 5. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6. 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut**
- 7. 1/4 cup raw hemp seeds (also called hemp hearts)**
- If your coconut butter and oil are both solid at room temperature: measure out coconut butter and coconut oil and place in a microwave-safe bowl; heat in 10 second intervals until just soft and stir-able, but not completely melted. Alternately, this can be done in a small saucepan on low heat on the stove. If your house is particularly warm, your coconut butter and coconut oil could both be drippy at room temperature. In this case, skip the warming step and just measure them into a bowl and proceed with the recipe.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir well to fully combine. If too soft and runny to scoop, stick the bowl in your freezer for 5 minutes to firm up. Otherwise, use a small cookie scoop to portion out the energy bites.
- Store in an airtight container for 5 days at room temperature, or up to 2 weeks in the fridge. I prefer the texture of these when they're at room temperature, since coconut oil and butter and both solid when chilled.