- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- 3 cups filtered water
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp honey
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can coconut milk (full fat)
- Add water and hemp hearts into a blender and blend until hemp hearts are completely broken down. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh reserving the milk and discarding the hemp hearts.
- Add matcha powder into a small cup and dissolve it in a few tablespoons of hemp milk.
- Add vanilla extract and combine dissolved matcha with the rest of the hemp milk.
- Heat the mixture in a pot until simmering (do not boil).
- Let slightly cool and mix in honey with one tablespoon of hemp hearts (for the crunch) until dissolved and pour it carefully into the serving cups dividing equally.
- *** For chilled latte, mix in crushed ice into the mixture***
- Reserve a few tablespoons of coconut cream and whisk the remaining coconut milk.
- Carefully pour the coconut milk on top of the matcha mixture dividing equally between the cups.
- Whip up reserved coconut cream with honey and scoop on top of the matcha latte.
- Sprinkle with some hemp hearts and matcha powder.